dviout with MikTeX
Return to TeX Home Page
Return to dviout/dviprt Page
How to install dviout for Windows with MikTeX
- First install MikTeX (and Ghostscript if
PostScript files will be used).
- Get the package of dviout for
Windows Ver.3.12.1 or later
- Expand the package of dviout in a suitable holder and execute dviout.
It is recommendable to create a new holder for dviout so that dviout can be easily
uninstalled. For example
tar zxvf c:\ftp\t313bw.tar.gz
if c:\ftp\t313bw.tar.gz is the full package of dviout.
- If your operating system does not support Japanese language and you are asked to use the
original font at the start up of dviout, please answer No to
- Set the resolution of fonts by dpi (dots par inch) which will be (mainly) used.
Then push [> Next]
- Push [Guess] to set automatically TEXROOT: and TEXPK:.
You will be asked
MikTeX is detected.
Do you use its setting?
Answer [Yes] and push [> Next].
For more advanced setting push [Help] for its explanation. All the setting can be
- Push [gen:] to generate fonts on demand. Also push [gsx:] if Ghostscript is correctly installed.
- Push [Finish] to complete the installation.
- Select File -> Open on the menu bar and choose test_a4.dvi
to check if dviout is correctly installed. Then choose sample\sample.dvi in the
similar way to see the functions of dviout.
- See the On-line Help from Help -> Help Topic for the
precise explanation of functions and settings of dviout.
How to update dviout for Windows
- Simply overwrite the older dviout by the new one. It is unnecessary to uninstall
the older dviout.
How to uninstall dviout for Windows
- Select Option -> Uninstall on the menu bar and proceed to
This procedure erases the setting in the registry written by dviout.
- Erase the holder with its contents where dviout is installed. Then dviout is completely
uninstalled since dviout has put no files in the Windows system directory etc.